Hey there manly man, you’re looking into a mirror here and I’m putting this post together just for you – informing how I was able to build my own personal man cave with limited resources and minimal funding. Now, assuming you got the approval from the wife or that you’re not tied down and can take charge how you want, here is how to build the ultimate man cave in your house.
- Start with one room – Sure, a man cave can have many entrances and exits, but having a strategic starting point and ending point is the end all goal. When you finish your first man cave room and want more, follow the steps below once again and keep that flow going. Do what makes you happy!
- Give the room a theme – Every man is different. Some of us guys are into sports while others are stuck in the driver’s seat of their cars. Some men love to hunt and shoot guns, while others like to collect old cards and antiques. I’m not saying there isn’t going to be any overlap between these types of guys, but I am saying that to make your man cave not look as though you’ve thrown a bunch of crap in a room, have a primary theme and stick to it.
- Dream it – This is the fun part. You are the sole creator of your man cave and it’s 100% reflective of you, your interests, and how you want to chill out for months or years to come. Now you know what space you’re overhauling, so plan accordingly. If you only have a smaller sized room like a den, you won’t be able to put a pool table in there, however, a fully finished basement with more available sq. ft., you may be able to see that table on the horizon. Owning a house with a finished basement can increase the overall value as a whole if you ever decide you want to sell your home with preference for a bigger man cave.
- Don’t forget about guests – Whether you enjoy having company over or not, there will be a time where someone is going to step foot into your private lair. Not only that, but if you are wanting to build a man cave, it’s because you want to show it off to your buddies, maybe even just a little bit.
- Personalize it – Yes, all the above is personalized, but really make the ambiance hit a home run. Boom! Right there, paint the walls with a crowd and then replace the carpet with green shag turf – you have yourself a makeshift baseball field. Maybe you’re not a good painter, there are full wall mural websites out there that can tailor to your every wall, whatever the desired theme.
There you have it fellow gentlemen. I’m not telling you how to do what you want, but I am showing you the way you can dream it. Dreams become reality, focus on it and you will have your ultimate man cave!