In icy temperatures, the waste on the floor and on the inner walls of garbage cans can freeze. Then use when emptying the garbage cans no amount of shaking and the vessels cannot or cannot be completely emptied. So it can happen that the bio or residual waste bins do not have to be set back empty, because garbage women and garbage men do not scratch.
The Deals for You
So that nothing freezes, just put crumpled newspaper on the barrel bottom and between the waste layers. The newsprint absorbs additional moisture and does not interfere with the recovery of biowaste. First drain the wet waste well, wrap it in paper and then place it in the dustbin. If the waste in the bin already frozen, you can try with the help of a spade carefully detached from the barrel edge. You can have the essential deals for the waste collection services also.
- Please leave the trash cans parked inside the roadside on the roadside to avoid freezing of the waste.
- Please also keep the access to the garbage bins free of snow and ice
Piles of snow, which can be pushed by the citizens of the footpaths to the side of the road, can also lead to difficulties in garbage removal. The garbage containers provided can often no longer be pulled by the garbage workers and garbage men to the garbage truck. It can therefore happen that vessels cannot be emptied.
- When clearing the snow, make sure that there are no snow obstacles between the garbage cans and the road. Collect the snow also on the property side or in central places. Please also note that the tons of roads with parking spaces between the cars must be pulled to the refuse collection vehicle.
- When it’s crisp and cold outside, the garbage in the bio-bin often turns into a frozen ice block. The garbage-disposal men can then shake the bin so hard – the garbage does not come out. The problem with moist biowaste is repeated every winter according to the experiences of the disposers. However, there are very simple tips to prevent freezing.
- In many cases, a layer of crumpled newsprint or green waste at the bottom of the bin already helps. “If it’s really cold, then it also freezes on the sides,” says the ELW spokesman. Then it would be particularly important to wrap the waste in newspaper or paper bags. To make sure that the bio bin is completely emptied when it is cold, frozen material can also be loosened with a rod or a spade, advises the ELW.
If possible, the bio-waste bin should be placed in a frost-protected place and exposed just before emptying. Sometimes it helps to put them in the garage. The disposer also suggests laying out the bottom of the bin with old egg cartons.