The staircase is one of the most prominent features in any large home and it is the first thing that you are likely to see when you enter the front door of the house. It says a lot about the people who live there and their tastes. It is the focal point that leads to all the other rooms in the upstairs of the home and it is important to choose the right one. There are many materials that can be chosen to build your staircase, but one in particular stands out from the rest. Limestone is a wonderful stone choice for any staircase and it is entirely natural. There are a number of benefits to choosing limestone for your staircase or any other feature in your home.
- Limestone is Incredibly Durable – As it is a natural stone, it is going to be able to take the worst and still look its best. Limestone has been used in the construction of the finest homes over the centuries and with good reason. You will see it being used in many buildings throughout the UK and it still continues to be popular today. If you decide to install a unique limestone staircase by Wrights of Campden in London, you can be sure that the same staircase will look amazing many years from now.
- Limestone Never Ages – Putting any limestone feature into your home will always remain current. It is completely natural and because of this, it will remain a timeless and classic choice for any home. When someone enters your home and sees your limestone staircase and other features throughout the home, they know that they have entered a place of elegance and good taste.
- Limestone is Incredibly Beautiful – If you want to impress friends, neighbors and guests when they enter your home, then a limestone staircase will definitely do that for you. You can be assured that the limestone that you choose is quite unique in that nature has provided the colour and design and there is no other one just like it anywhere else. Limestone columns and other additional features around the home add such beauty to any home.
- It’s Easy to Take Care of – As with most natural stone, keeping it clean is fairly easy. If it is starting to look a little dull, then a quick wipe along with a damp cloth and it will be back to its former glory in no time. Limestone can stand up to most abrasive cleaning products and withstands all liquids. If you do manage to scratch the surface, don’t worry, this is easily fixed and is done in no time at all.
- Eco-friendly – Choosing limestone is one way that you can certainly reduce your carbon footprint. It is totally natural and can be sourced from other buildings that have pulled down, which means it is being recycled over and over down through the centuries. You are definitely eco-friendly when you choose this stone.
Limestone is a great natural stone to work with and you can create the most beautiful things using it, from staircases, columns and flooring. It is the perfect choice for most homes.