Interior Wooden Plantation Shutters are the classy and efficient alternative to normal curtains and blinds. They can be used with any style of home decor and provide efficient insulation to your home. The wooden plantation shutters are the most popular variant and you can read more about wooden shutters here.
The steps involved in installing interior wooden plantation shutters are as follows
- Measuring the window – correct and accurate measurement of windows are critical to correctly install the interior plantation shutters
- Filler strips – These are included in the shutter package and are used to adjust the width wherever it’s required. These are also used as a template for layout. You should use them to level and mark the screw holes prior to predrilling.
- Measuring the proper overall width of the shutter and then attaching the filler strips as per window measurements. They should be attached by using the screws supplied along with the shutters
- Now you need to mount the shutter by tightening the screws to the predrilled holes.
- Check the alignment and adjust if needed, then insert the screw cover plugs
- Make predrill holes at the centre point of the door frame
- Lastly, attach the fixtures and finally test the lock.
You need the standard shutter kit and the tools for installation. The tools needed are a drill with 1.4″ drill bit, level, pencil and measure tape. After the installation, the next important thing is Maintenance of the Plantation shutters. It has various components.
Inspection of the shutters
You should regularly check or inspect the wooden plantation shutters for any type of
- Dust accumulation
- Any fading in colour
- Humidity related effects.
Timely detection of problems is the basis of a well maintained wooden shutter and the timely detection of issues helps in correcting them timely so that the problem is corrected in its infancy.
The primary thing that needs to be done post inspection is taking corrective measures. The fading in colour or any crack in a paint can be handled by painting or a minor touching of the affected area. The paint coat needs to be in pristine conditions not only for the decorative reason but also because it prevents moisture impact on the wood, thus ensuring a long life.
Any type of stain can be handled easily by cleaning with a paper cloth. In the case of tough stains, a touch of wood cleaner can be used. The accumulated dust can be cleared using a Paper towel, Vacuum, Dry fibre cloth, etc.
The maintenance and installation of wooden plantation shutters are easy and regular maintenance keeps them in pristine condition and enhances the beauty quotient of your home.